If you’re reading this, you’ll probably want to know more about me, this being the ‘about me’ page and all. So here’s some stuff you should know:
- I live in Portsmouth, on the south-coast of England. Portsmouth was the birthplace of Charles Dickens, while Rudyard Kipling and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle both spent time in the city. One hundred and fifty years later, I moved here and fell asleep outside a church once.
- I am a freelance cartoonist and writer. I like the term ‘freelance’ because it makes me sound like a tough, medieval mercenary, as opposed to a weedy guy hunched over a keyboard.
- I have worked with some of my childhood heroes, including Cosgrove Hall Films (who made Danger Mouse) and The Dandy, home of Desperate Dan. My next aim is to meet Rolf Harris.
- My favourite movie ever is either Ghostbusters, or Back to the Future. It’s a very close-run thing.
- I love books. Especially picking up cheap bargains in charity shops, and then piling them all up and never reading them.
- I love comics, especially stupid comics where kids get into trouble for pelting police officers with tomatoes. I also love cartoons.
- I once met TV magic-man Paul Daniels, who accused me of stealing.
- My musical tastes are often described as dubious. I believe Queen to be better than The Beatles, and Mansun to be one of the best bands ever ever, in the history of music. Ever.
- I used to love video games, but stopped when people forgot that they were games. I still occasionally dust off a Megadrive or Gamecube classic, and pretend it’s the past again when life was fun and I didn’t have such a terrible, gnawing sense of dread eating away inside of me, making me spend my nights weeping into my pillow while cursing the cruel and sadistic God who mocks me so…erm, sorry. I LIKE SONIC.
- I can bake a potato really well.
- That’s all.
So, there you go! If I haven’t made you doubt my very sanity, or be a little sick in your mouth, please browse on through the site to see examples of my various works. And then hit the contact tab, should you want to get in touch to hire me for something, or whether you want to give me a big, sack full of cash and rainbows and rubies and lemurs.
Thanks for reading!
Why not keep track of me at all times, like some sort of pixelated Big Brother, by following me on Twitter.
And if you wish to get in touch, please use the form here.